We’ve never been resolutions people.
Our gym has recently become a resolution ZOO so I ordered T25. It’s basically a box that contains an ass-whoopin’, weapons and a meal plan. Nothing about this sounded appealing at first, but based on how sore I’ve been these past couple days–I’m sold. In the words of an inspirational friend of mine (Go Nina!): “Get ready to have a cute butt!”
But getting in shape and aching all over isn’t a 2014 goal of ours. Efforts to do better and feel better is just a general goal we’ve always had… unless we’re on vacation 😉
You could say we’re just getting trained and prepped for changes to come this year. LOTS of changes.
Here’s a yummy and quick, clean recipe that is Ryan-approved:
Honey Walnut Shrimp
– 10-12 raw large shrimp, remove tails
– 1 tbs cocnut oil
– 1/2 cup walnuts, whole and halved
– 1 tbs paleo mayo
– 1 tbs honey
– Handful of spinach or lettuce. Your pick!
1. Clean and defrost shrimp.
2. Throw coconut oil in medium-heat skillet. Toss in shrimp; cook until pink and no longer translucent. Set aside.
3. Mix together mayo, honey and walnuts.
4. Toss shrimp into mayo mix until completely covered.
5. Spoon shrimp and walnuts over bed of greens.
Enjoy! We ate it tonight in no time at all. In the interest of Shaun T’s banana-rama today, I made chocolate chip banana bread that RYAN gets to enjoy. Curse men’s metabolism! For my health-nut friends, here’s a clean and very yummy banana dessert:
Honey Banana Flips
– 1 banana, sliced
– 1 tbs coconut oil
– 1.5 tbs honey
– 1 tbs water
– 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Drizzle coconut oil onto medium heat skillet.
2. Throw banana slices on skillet. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until edges get crisp.
3. Take skillet off heat and set aside.
4. Warm water and honey in a cup. Whisk together and pour over bananas.
5. Sprinkle cinnamon over bananas. Serve as is or over ice cream if you’re really feelin’ a treat 🙂